Recovering from Your Cataract Surgery in Ohio
- Posted on: Sep 30 2013
Cataract surgeries are quite short, lasting less than 15 to 30 minutes or so. Extra time may be needed for post-surgery evaluation and instructions. To quickly recover from your Ohio cataract surgery, we recommend the following recovery tips:
- Have someone drive you home after the surgery. Do not ever attempt to drive until your eye doctor has tested your vision and confirmed that you can already drive.
- Avoid strenuous activities, particularly heavy lifting, within the first week of surgery. Bending and similar exercises should be avoided as well.
- Avoid swimming in pools or using public saunas during the first 2 weeks to prevent infection.
- Eye redness and blurred vision are a common occurrence during the first few days of the procedure.
- Avoid activities that will expose your eyes to grime, dust, and contaminants which could could injure/infect the eyes.
- Wear protective eyewear as prescribed, even while sleeping and napping.
- Adhere to medication regimens such as the number of times that you need to apply eye drops.
Your Cataract Surgery in Ohio
Roholt Vision is one of the first centers in Ohio to offer the EZ-Drop method of antibiotic/steroid prophylaxis after cataract surgery. This greatly reduces the number of drops that need to be instilled. The risk of infection may also be reduced compared to the conventional methods.
Call us at 330-305-2200 or fill out any of these these patient forms to learn more about cataract surgery in Ohio. We look forward to your visit!
Posted in: Cataract, Cataract Surgery