Here at our Ohio cataract center, we get a lot of questions about the do’s and don’ts following diagnosis of cataract. Below is a quick guide to lifestyle changes that you may have to do once you have cataract.
- Stick to your eye exam schedules. If you’re over 65 years old, you may have to do the exam once a year and every 2 years for those who are below 65.
- Quit smoking if you do. Tobacco smoke is known to exacerbate symptoms of cataract.
- Limit driving during the evenings if you start to experience problems with night vision, glare, and night vision.
- Put your diabetes or irregular blood sugar levels under control.
- Use sunglasses with maximum UV light protection.
- Get the right contact lenses or eyeglasses to correct your vision. You might want to consider cataract surgery if you are having problems doing your regular activities.
Your Cataract Surgery Options at Roholt Vision
Since our practice is a leader in cataract and refractive surgery, patients have the benefit from utilizing technologies from both specialties including laser cataract surgery. At the time of your examination we will inform you of your options and how they benefit you. Call us at 1-800-481-9545 to learn more about cataract surgery in Ohio. We look forward to your visit!