A New Year has just begun! Do you already have your list of things that you want to change or improve in 2015? Perhaps, you want to lose some weight or resolve to eat healthier than you did last year. The Roholt Vision Institute team would like you to also include a glaucoma eye exam in your quest for better health next year, particularly if you’re one of those who are at risk. So you’re not yet sure if you’re one of them? Find out below!
- African-Americans – According to the Glaucoma Research Foundation, glaucoma is 6 to 8 times more common in African-Americans than Caucasians.
- Individuals who are over 60 years old, particularly those of Hispanic descent
- Angle-closure glaucoma has been shown to frequently occur among individuals with Asian descent
- Family history of glaucoma
- Steroid users
- Eye injuries – Traumatic glaucoma is common amongst those who had blunt eye injuries (injuries that sort of bruised the eye or penetrated the eye’s drainage system)
Advanced Glaucoma Detection in Canton, Ohio
Roholt Vision is proud to offer both retinal tomography and optical coherence tomography for the earliest possible detection of glaucomatous changes to the optic nerve. These tests can allow for treatment to be initiated early in the course of the disease.
Call us at 330-305-2200 so we can discuss the appropriate treatment option for you. We look forward to your visit!